There are 5 types of grace periods:
- Grace Period (or Invoice Grace Period): this is the length of time after a payment is overdue (past the invoice Due Date) before the subscription is suspended. It applies to all types of subscriptions.
- Domain Grace Period: same as above but specific to domain subscriptions.
- Expired Free Trial Grace Period: after the end of a free trial - this is the length of time a customer has to convert to a paid subscription before their subscription (in a Free Trial Expired state) is automatically canceled.
- Contract Grace Period: this is the length of time a customer has to cancel a contract-based subscription without termination fee. It only applies to contract-based subscriptions.
- End of Contract Grace Period: length of time a customer has - after their contract ends - to start a new contract. It only applies to contract-based subscriptions.