Zendesk - Email or Online Portal
There are 2 ways of submitting cases to support: by email, or using the online portal.
- Email - Sending email to your support alias (i.e. email@example.com) not only creates a support case, it also creates a user in Zendesk.
If you are happy managing your cases by email, there is no need to register. Any user in your organisation can email us to open a ticket.
- Portal - if you wish to submit/manage cases via the support portal, you must register and/or get a password.
Accessing the Zendesk portal
- Go to AppDirect Support and click sign in.
- If you have previously communicated with AppDirect Support by email, then you're already provisioned in Zendesk, so select Get a password.
If you have never emailed us, create a user and password using Sign up.
Follow the instructions to register and/or obtain your password.
Once complete, return to AppDirect Support and sign in.
Navigating in the Portal
After signing in there are 2 main links at the top of the page: Submit a request and My activities.
Submit a Request opens a new support case for your organisation.
My activities allows you to view & manage your and your organisation's open cases.
There are several easy-to-follow tabs here to help you manage your tickets:
- My requests are tickets owned by you
- Organization requests displays cases opened by colleagues in your organisation,
- Requests I'm CC'd on are cases opened by others via email or in the portal on which you were CC'd.
- Contributions are reserved for comments you have made on articles.
- Following are cases which you have selected to follow.
You can filter by Status if you have many cases to make it easier to manage.